Standard Self Storage Units
Looking for a standard self storage solution? Hillsborough Self Storage offers four sizes of basic storage units for relocation, reorganization and extra space. A standard unit is intended for items that require no special climate considerations, such as decor, certain types of furniture, moving boxes, glassware, and more.
Why Choose a Standard Unit?
Our standard units are attractive for several different scenarios:
- As our most basic offering, standard self-storage units are available at the lowest rates. For simple storage needs, this gives you more value for your money than a high-end, climate-controlled unit.
- Ease of access. All of our standard units are accessible around the clock, even when our office is closed.
- Because of their low-cost and basic features, standard units are ideal for temporary storage solutions. If you’re relocating to the Triad or the Triangle, your extra boxes and furniture will feel right at home.
A standard unit may not be climate-controlled, but you aren’t sacrificing quality! These units feature the same fenced and gated protection, well-lit surroundings, and flexible payment plans as our climate-controlled options.
Our standard self-storage units are available in four different sizes:
- 5×10: this is the size of your average walk-in closet. With proper stacking, you can easily fit a mid-sized bedroom’s belongings in here!
- 10×10: these units are around half the size of a standard one-car garage. Carefully arranged, this unit can accommodate a family room’s furnishings or two bedrooms.
- 10×15: this size is ideal for a living room with larger items in it: a piano, a big-screen TV, or a sectional couch. It’s a bit smaller than a standard one-car garage.
- 10×20: looking for serious storage? Our 10×20 unit is the largest standard option available! In addition to multiple rooms of furniture, this unit can house your refrigerator, washer and dryer, and more.
Not sure what size you need? Check out each size’s individual page for our recommendations, tips, and suggestions.